Saturday, April 07, 2012

Mt Airy, North Carolina (aka Mayberry)

The Andy Griffith Show is one of my all time favourite classic TV shows that I never tire of.  I am fascinated with Mt Airy, North Carolina because of the TV show!  I just love old towns, especially towns where they try to do their best to keep the history alive.  


I am wondering if any of you have ever been to Mt Airy.  If not, please feel free to share your memories of any old town that you either live in or have visited.  I would really enjoy hearing your memories.


In the meantime, please enjoy the photos I am sharing today of Mt Airy, North Carolina.  By the way, I have never been there but would love to see it some day.  The Snappy Lunch restaurant apparently has the best and only pork chop sandwich, among other foods that many have said...there is no comparison.  






Thanks so much for stopping by and please feel free to share your thoughts and memories by clicking on the "comments" link at the end of my post.

2 comments:

  1. I have not been to Mt. Airy, but my parents went there. We were all big fans of the Andy Griffith show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small towns, too. Spent my early years in one. In Minnesota, though. Ended up in big cities. Boy, that picture goes right back to my youth. My first car was a 1937 Chevrolet. And I remember riding home from the dealer with my dad and his brand new 1941 Plymouth (which he bought in Sept. 1940)...

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!