Monday, May 14, 2012

Vintage Product Ads

Hi everyone,


I would like to thank you all for your visits and comments on my posts;  it means a lot to me!  


Today I am sharing some photos of vintage product ads.  The first one is for Vaseline Concentrated Shampoo.  I had no idea about this product until I saw this ad.  I never realized that Vaseline had a shampoo at one time!

Next up is a vintage ad for Borden's cheese.  I am very familiar with Borden milk, as I grew up with it and my parents got our milk (in those days) delivered to our door...and was always in bottles.  Nothing tastes as good as Borden's, though, in my opinion.  I miss that product.  I don't recall anything about Borden cheese, though...so this ad was new to me.

And whilst on the topic of Borden cheese, here is another vintage ad for it!

Yet another vintage Borden's cheese ad...this time for cottage cheese.  I find it amazing that I never knew about these products as a child.  All I knew of was their milk.

This last ad for today's post...I had forgotten all about it until I saw this ad!  My parents had a parakeet (budgie) and they did buy a record like this to try and teach the bird to talk!  

Thank you all so much for visiting me here, and I look forward to hearing your own memories and thoughts. Please click on the "comments" link at the end of my post to share!

8 comments:

  1. Somehow, Vaseline shampoo sounds a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Oh, I cannot imagine shampoo with Vaseline!!! ugh!

    I remember Borden Milk & cheese slices and Elsie the Cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these old ads! I do remember Borden's cheese, I think. I at least remember seeing the ads.

    I would not be interested in Vaseline shampoo. Perhaps it never really was a seller. I can't imagine who would buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and extremely funny adverts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you all as far as the Vaseline shampoo...yuck. LOL! I for one wouldn't buy it, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know about the Borden cheese, in fact I think it is still in the grocery store today, with the cow logo, too! We used to get milk delivered in glass bottles, so good! At least it seemed better than the store bought. We kept a big square silver box on the front stoop front that the milkman would put the milk in. I hear they also delivered cottage cheese, sour cream, and other dairy products, but we only got milk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Borden's milk and cheese and especially Elsie the Cow. I will admit, though, that Vaseline shampoo is new to me. These are great ads -- thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much for your comments, I really appreciate it. Sadly, Borden products are no longer available here in Montreal...well, the canned condensed milk is...but as far as the milk, cheese and other products, I only remember the milk; I don't recall ever seeing any cheese or other products by Borden here in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!