Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Waterfront Stroll

I really think that you are all beginning to notice (or perhaps have noticed for sometime) that I just love the water!  :)  I think this shows in my photos.  Here is yet another waterfront stroll I had.


This stroll was different, though...well, for one thing, I was disappointed in a couple of photos I took.  Since I am still experimenting with the zoom in feature, and since this particular bird I photographed was the furthest away from me of any photographs I have ever taken, the pics of the bird are ones I really don't like.  However, I am posting them anyway, because I thought that perhaps some of you might recognize what breed of bird this is!  I will describe it as being a tall egret with grey feathers on its back.  A crane, perhaps?  Or something else?  Here are the photos I took that didn't turn out the way I had hoped.  I am referring to the bird on the rock.




Here are the rest of the photos from this stroll.  



I used the zoom in feature on all these photos.  Even though I am not completely happy with the way they turned out I felt that they are clear enough (except for that large bird) that you can see what is in them.

Thank you all so much for visiting me here, and I really appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts.  Please click on the "comments" link at the end of my post to share.

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic photographs, wonderfully is to admire so beautiful views. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,

    I don't know much about photography but when I saw your photos I automatically thought about my hometown. It was a bit long time ago, and the feeling to have this memory back is just wonderful.

    Keep taking pictures!

    Hallo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo after the birds is very good. Well framed. It looks a pretty place too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Linda. I love the water, too. And that's a good thing here in Florida where we have two oceans and thousands of lakes to play in! But nothing really compares with the lakes up north. I spent some happy years in my youth in Minnesota. Great lakes and great times.

    Re your photos: First you might try a warming filter to take out some of the blue, or if your camera is adjustable, change the white balance to "cloudy."

    Long zooms are fun but they are a challenge as the further away things are the more difficult it is to keep them in focus. You probably need a light-weight tripod for your long zoon shots, or brace the camera on a post or tree, etc.

    Nevertheless, you did good. I'm not sure of the bird. Heron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lowell, thanks so much for your feedback. I think you are right...this looks like a heron!

      Delete
  5. Oops! I was going to respond to your question on Paree: Oui !

    ReplyDelete
  6. We couldn’t expect a clear picture only up to certain in zoom and obviously the other photos are good enough than the bird. I liked the middle one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ther's something about light and water combination effects.....you're giving me the confidence to do a bit more with my camera, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my posts. I am so happy to hear that I am giving you confidence to experiment with your camera. Happy clicking! :)

      Delete
  8. I am terrible in 'names of birds', Linda, but your pictures are wonderful !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is something like a Heron, but helluva big bird. I love the sea lapping away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry I can't help you identify the bird, but I think your zoom shots are quite good. Keep working on this kind of photo. This is a situation in which 'practice really does make perfect'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much for your kind comments. I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!