Monday, August 20, 2012

Update after Scan

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your comments on my posts, I really appreciate it.  I got the scan done today and was at the hospital for about 5 hours.  I just got home an hour ago and am totally exhausted. 

I am to continue on the antibiotics for another ten days but if I feel pain again I have been told to go right back to the hospital.

The scan showed cells on my kidney (I have only one kidney...the left one since I was four years of age).  As a result of the cells that displayed themselves on the scan, I have a couple more follow ups within the next several weeks.  They want to ensure that my kidney is functioning properly and that there are no complications.

In case any of you are wondering why I had my right kidney removed at the tender age of four?  It was I guess you can say rotted.  The doctors told my parents that I had a 50% chance to live if they DID remove that kidney.  However, if they did not remove the kidney I would surely die.  Thank God my parents told them to remove the kidney...and I am here with you all today.

Thank you all so much once again, I just wanted to keep you all informed. 

10 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you the best for your precious kidney! I'm so sorry for all the pain and stress you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest as much as you can...and remember that antibiotics can leave you feeling depressed, so spoil yourself a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you, Linda.
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this news. I sure hope you can have a full recovery with the antibiotics. My thoughts and prayers are with you Linda. Think peaceful thoughts. Try not to worry. You were blessed as a child and so glad your parents listened to the doctors. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update my friend. thinking of you and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope there’s nothing serious and the pain will pass on slowly. Just be relaxed and everything would be fine :)

    I wish for your quick recovery... Pls do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unwell. I hope you're doing better and find healing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care Linda. You are in my prayers :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear from you...God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!