Monday, November 12, 2012

A Peaceful Journey



I decided to entitle my post "a peaceful journey", because firstly, I enjoyed a peaceful walk today and took some photos, and secondly, because I am hoping that this post will be a peaceful journey for you all as well!  I chose a calming piece of music entitled "Virtual Serenity: The Journey Within."  It is a beautiful video that you can listen to while you look at my photos and while you surf the web.  I hope you all enjoy the music, the photos and a couple of quotations that I am sharing with you all today.  :)

This first photo is of a delivery car for a restaurant which used to be called "Au Coq".  "coq" is the French word for "rooster".  It is a barbecue chicken restaurant that has been around since 1960.

This second photo is of the sign outside the restaurant.  "service au volant" is the French term for "drive-thru".  "maitre rotisseurs depuis 1960" is French for "master roasters since 1960."


These last photos...I took a relaxing walk by the water.






Quotations:

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." - William Arthur Ward

Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I really appreciate reading your thoughts, which you can always share by clicking on the 'comments' link at the end of my post.

12 comments:

  1. I see the drive-in restaurant were they serve roosters. But on the other photo's I see only pigeons en ducks . Are the roosters all eaten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice relaxation music, and I like the duck shots too, also the shots that are tilted, it enhances photos .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumn colours....and I loved the rooster car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are enjoying your new camera, beautiful photos of the water and ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did good out and about on another walk. Love that restaurant with the colorful sign and colorful car. Hard to miss, too. And the ducks are always a treat. We're seeing more and more these days - probably on their way south as winter heads toward the northern climes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once more special, Linda, your chicken thing !
    Lie(f)s.
    @Know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ducks on the pond, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Linda; I enjoyed your pics and seeing a little from your world. The male teals are spectacular, especially so many; thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. That car is definitely colorful. Thank you for sharing your peaceful walk with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed seeing your photos...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very relaxing and peaceful. And lovely photos you captured on your walk - looks like the fowl are equally relaxed.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!