Monday, November 26, 2012

Man, goose odd-couple update



Hi dear friends!  For those of you who follow my blog on a very regular basis, you will recall the video I shared the other day about an "odd couple" relationship between a man named Dominic and a goose named Maria.  Here is an update on them.  It turns out that Maria is Mario.  Dominic seems to have much in common with me in the way of relating to animals and birds.  It seems that everywhere I go I have my own "entourage" of pigeons, seagulls, ducks, geese and squirrels...and recently as you have all noticed in my photos, cats as well.

I have always loved animals and feel that they do so much to teach us how to interact with one another.  They love unconditionally and are able to look at us and things (and each other) at a very deep level.

I have no photos to share this time, as it was a down day for me.  However, thankfully it wasn't as down as the last time I shared with you all.  I am trying to take it in my stride now;  one day at a time.  Everyone has down days.  I think perhaps people with depression may have them more often and more profoundly.  I really find it so therapeutic to have this blog, it is a great avenue where I can be myself and share my thoughts.  

Thank you all so much for being here!  I really appreciate your visits and always look forward to reading your thoughts...which you can always share by clicking on the 'comments' link at the end of my post.

14 comments:

  1. Do you have an animal/pet of your own. It could help heaps with depression.Hope you feel brighter tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane , thanks for your comment, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. Animals are fantastic healers. I used to have cats...and rats (not at the same time, of course). :) I don't have pets right now because the expense is too much for me. Perhaps one day in the future I will have one again, though. I do feel a little better today.

      Delete
  2. I agree that blogging really gives your spirits a boost. It's so nice to interact with other people all over the world. It really helps to expand your circle of friends, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Sparrow, it sure does! Thank you so much for your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the update. We don't have any pets at the moment, but many of our friends do have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, George.

      Delete
  4. I love the video, kinda get to you, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read today 'Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to', Linda.
    I know it's often very difficult...
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda there of the human in that goose I remember another movie and a fantastic thing
    good evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Titian. Have a good evening as well. :)

      Delete
  7. Geese are funny. They chase me. Then I take one step at a time but very fast! :-)

    It is something to be proud of that even if you didn't post photos, you wrote an entire blog post with video. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geese are hilarious, Lowell. :) Thanks so much for your kind words, it really means a lot to me.

      Delete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!