Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year



Hi dear friends!  It is great to "see" you all here...thank you for stopping by!  The video I have chosen for this post is quite appropriate, I think, as it is recommended for anxiety reduction and depression.  I can see how various music can help with stress, tension and anxiety, but not sure how it can deal with depression.  At any rate, I am listening to it and enjoying it as I write this post, and I hope you all enjoy it as well.  :)  The image in the video stays the same throughout, so you can listen to it in one window as you go about doing what you need to do, and as you are reading my post.  

For those of you who are my regular readers and followers, this is something you already know, so please bear with me as I repeat it for those who may not, or who haven't had to read my posts where I have mentioned it.  I was in a "special" class throughout elementary and high school for those who learn more slowly.  It really affects the way one thinks and in one's daily life, especially if you are say...in a new atmosphere or job, where you are learning new tasks and skills.  The average or above average person can pick things up rather quickly.  However, with someone like myself who has a tendency to learn at a slower pace, it can be both frustrating and embarrassing when I see others learning at a more rapid pace.  

That having been said, as I look through job offers and continually see "quick learner" in part of the job description, it can get downright discouraging.  As much as I try not to compare myself to others I must say that it can be frustrating to constantly see "quick learner" in 90% of the job offer descriptions.  No, I do not mention my learning capacity, speed, etc., to potential or current employers, but they are able to see how quickly employees pick up things.

When I first began blogging, I will be honest...I wondered to myself, "Who would be interested in what I have to say and share?"  Thanks to the many of you who continue to come here and read my blog, and your kind responses to my posts, I am happy to say that I no longer think this to myself anymore.  You are all such an encouragement and support to me, and I want you all to know how much I appreciate your friendship.

Last but not least for this long-winded post, (LOL)...I am having continual struggles with depression and have been fighting the "downs", and being able to share all this with you, particularly so close to my favourite time of year, Christmas, is a huge benefit to me.

Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I really appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts, which you can always share by clicking on the "comments" link at the end of my post.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you don't wonder anymore if anyone would be interested in what you have to say, as it is clear that people are!
    And it's not just what you have to say....for example, you've encouraged me to try to take better photographs - so the encouragement and support go both ways!

    I'm glad this is your favourite time of year...it might help you to fight the downs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the impression that you "pick up" things just fine. When you asked for instructions on setting up your follower's sidebar, you did it as quickly as anybody would. When I went to set up my blog several years ago, it took me several false starts and a couple days to actually get it done. And, it seems like every time I post a blog, I have to go back and make corrections. You write very well with perfect grammar and punctuation. I think maybe you are selling yourself short when it comes to your ability to learn. I know that applying for jobs is very stressful but maybe you should do some "test runs" and go apply for a few jobs just for the practice. In any case, please know that "quick learner" can mean very different things, so give it a try. If nothing else, it will give you interesting stories for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let it get you down, Linda. My wife is functionally illiterate, but she has more common sense than most people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do not need to be quick to blog, you don't need to be anything other than yourself! Being quick is not always the best thing. Jesus had a lot to accomplish in his short life, but he was always slow paced and never hurried. There is a lot to be said for being slow, Phil is. He also suffered depression. Have you tried the lights...medicines? His was always the worst in the dark months, it started out as seasonal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda .. Pleasant music .. Thanks .. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not all ok with my computer, but I'm back, Linda..., enjoying you and your music !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be yourself without apology. Every person is unique with unique gifts. You have a gift of expression, a gift of appreciation for your world, a gift of love for those closest to you, a gift to want to live up to your potential.

    It is wonderful that you are able to share your thoughts and concerns. You've reminded me that all of us, no matter how "quick" we are, have similar needs and desires. One of my psychology professors said that most of the time "What we think is most personal is most universal."

    You might remember, too, that these "holidays" are not intrinsic to human life. They were created by humans. There is no need to celebrate them or like them if you don't want to. You don't need to "feel" anything relative to them unless they have some special meaning to you.

    Sometimes Christmas is just too much hoopla. Did you know the early Christian church did not celebrate the birth of Jesus for the first 4 centuries? Nobody cared. In fact, in Rome, up until the early 300s, the big celebration was for the god, Mithras, who was born in a cave of a virgin on December 25. On December 24, the people of Rome held huge celebrations all over the city in honor of the birth of their savior, Mithras.

    So, just relax and enjoy what you can. And best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful wonderful Christmas Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, my problem is I forget quickly, so I have to write it all down, other wise Id be in trouble,lol.
    Hope you feel brighter soon and have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!