Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Silence and Laughter



Hi everyone!  I have entitled this post "silence and laughter", but for more reasons than you might perhaps think!  Firstly, the Just for Laughs video done with the group posing as Montreal Police officers is silent in the sense that you don't hear any talking in any of these videos.  The laughter is obvious, as they are funny.  The second meaning of silence is that I finally got a fairly good night's sleep last night, only waking up twice to cough.

My cold is breaking, my immune system has kicked in and is fighting it...and fighting hard!  I am coughing less, and it is a drier cough, so I am very grateful for this!  I made a nice pot of soup tonight with lentils, carrots, little potatoes, onions and garlic, and it was delicious, just what I needed.  Thank you all so much for your responses to my last post and for your well wishes, I really appreciate it very much.  I feel a good support from you all on just letting this cold take its own course without the use of antibiotics.  You know, I often wonder how people coped with colds and ailments before antibiotics were created.  Naturally, of course, using things like ginger, honey, onions, garlic, lemon, etc.  As well, I trust food, however, I do not trust medication...don't get me wrong, I do take some meds, but only where it is really necessary!  With many medications there are side effects;  however, there are no side effects of using good food, and this helps me a lot more.  What else helps me a lot is staying positive and happy, because when I keep my spirits up I find that I heal faster and better than if I am down.  

The photo I am sharing today is one I took in the summer of 2011.  It isn't as sharp as the one I shared in my last post, but I think it has a beauty of its own.  You just need to click on the image to see a larger view.

Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I really appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts, which you can always share by clicking on the 'comments' link at the end of my post.

25 comments:

  1. All the yellow flowers are so pretty! I have gotten the flu with a temp of almost 102, Phil has gone out to get me a Tamiflu prescription. So glad your thing did not turn into flu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ginny! Oh, no! Take good care of yourself and get the rest you need.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you got a good night's rest. My doggy got me up twice last night to go out! Crumb! But I'm his mom, and he's being a good boy to do as he's been taught, asking to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember hearing about an old-time home remedy for chest colds that consisted of taking a flannel rag and soaking it in goose grease and turpentine and applying it to the chest! It sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound awful, Ms. Sparrow. That is something I would not try. I will stick to honey, ginger, lemon, etc...they are by far tastier, too.

      Delete
  5. Mother told me that in the fifties there were still families who parcelled their children up for winter in goosegrease and brown paper....

    What have we escaped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, yes, Helen. I remember that horrible cod liver oil. I am sure it is still used today, but not by myself.

      Delete
  6. The laughter is helping your immune system, too. That has been scientifically proven! Praise God you are feeling better. I can tell from your words that you really do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda, thank you so much for your sweet comment, I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. That crazy! .. haha .. Humor is vital for life .. I send a smile from Spain ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Un rayon de soleil pour illuminer votre journée et peut-être contribuer à votre prompt rétablissement.
    Gros bisous à vous et merci pour cette charmante vidéo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that you are feeling a little better. Nothing worse than coughing through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is not the picture I have from police-men, Linda... !
    Good..., your feeling better !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Just returning the courtesy of your visit to my blog and to thank you for leaving a message.
    When you are unwell and locked into your own little hole surrounded by that black cloud pressing down around you it is wonderful to know that you are not alone.
    Such an isolating illness it is hard to share with friends and fsmily but we can share with the many other people who suffer via cyber space.
    Best wishes to you Linda,
    JJ. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. One can't help but laugh at these "coppers" dancing around! And I needed that this morning, so thanks. Glad you're feeling better and I do love this floral display! Hope you have a wonderful day today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that you're feeling better and got a good night's rest. Your lentil soup sounds delicious! When I have a cold, food like that really helps me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree that natural remedies seem a better defense for common illnesses. Glad you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda, Glad you are feeling better. Keep on fighting that stinkin' cold. Hope you get better and better.

    Cute video and great photo.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great these yellow flowers.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi everyone, thank you all so much for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!