1. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the Sea Shepherd and its mission. In the event that some of you may not be aware, I am providing a link here. Click here
I think that this is a great organization and I really value what they are doing! I really believe that the oceans and wildlife within are very important to the world and our lives.
2. I struggle with depression; I do not "suffer from' it, but I do struggle with it and as a result I fully understand those who deal with mental illness issues. For those who do not struggle with depression, they have no idea how hard it is. For example, people who have never experienced this debilitating illness are often heard saying things like, "Cheer up". or "Snap out of it." See, sadness and depression are two entirely different things. Sadness, to me, is an emotion, and one that we can "snap out of" by our reaction to people and experiences around us. Depression is a mental illness that many struggle with, and for those of us who do, we know that this is something that you cannot "snap out of"...it is, however, and thankfully, treatable, and there are ways to cope with it. One of my ways of coping with depression is through this blog! See, it gives me a good feeling to know that I may be helping others by posting videos and photos....and quotes that make others think, smile and just gives them the opportunity to forget their troubles, even for a short time. For me this is good therapy. I also find joy and peace knowing that God loves me and accepts me who I am, and I am very grateful for Him and all He has given me.
3. I handle cold weather better than I do hot and humid conditions. I can always put on an extra sweater, etc., when it is cold, but when it is too hot, I must be very careful to drink plenty of water and try to stay away from extreme humid conditions as much as possible. I am very prone to getting heat stroke so I always try to take the necessary precautions during these humid times.
4. I am a highly sensitive person (HSP). I shed tears when I watched movies such as "E.T.", "Bambi" and "Love Story." I really need time on a daily basis to reflect, to relax, to rejuvenate...quiet time.
5. I love animals and nature! I find it very therapeutic and rejuvenating to be around gardens, animals and calm and quiet settings. I also love children and the elderly. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I don't love all people, it is just that I have a special place in my heart for children and the elderly. As I believe that animals can teach us much, I feel that children can as well...and so can the elderly. Animals and children are natural, "what you see is what you get", basically, and they can teach us much about love, patience, compassion and just enjoying life to the fullest and living in the moment. The elderly have lived through much, have a lot of experience and wisdom, and can teach us much about life.
The video I have chosen for this post is one that made me shed tears...however, tears of joy and love! This is a perfect example of how animals love unconditionally! The video is just under 3 minutes long. Enjoy!