Saturday, August 05, 2017

Update on my Situation

Hello everyone!  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Many of you have been probably wondering how things are going as far as my need to move, which I posted about last week.  

Here is what is happening.  I have contacted the social housing to let them know of my need to move and the reason...that the owners plan to sell the house where I am renting the basement from.

Now, I have been on a waiting list for this housing for more than 6 years, so I am really hoping that they will see that my need to move is urgent and that they are able to find me a place within the next couple of months.

The good news is that I am a minimalist in that I have very little furniture, so only what I need to live, and I am happy this way.  My difficultly is that I do not have the money to move.  One more thing is that it should not cost a lot of money to move me because I will find as cheap a way as I can, but even with this, my funds are extremely low.  Even though the actual move itself will not cost a lot of money, at least I am hoping it won't, there are other expenses such as having to pay to switch my phone number and to the new place, and for purchasing a bus pass, as the area in which I will be moving to is not the same as where I am now, which means I will be using a different transit system than I am now.  

I have to mention that I am very independent and embarrassed and not used to asking for help for myself, (yes, for others, but certainly not for myself), so please know that it is difficult for me to post this.  

If anyone reading this is able to help me with a donation towards my move, I would be extremely grateful!  I have not been sleeping well because of the situation, and even though I have done my best to remain calm, just not having the funds to move is causing a great deal of stress.  I have also been having a lot of arthrosis pain in my right shoulder, for the last 3 days.  

As far as everything else, I am doing well.  I am working towards getting some boxes from stores in order to prepare for this move, and I have been cleaning and purging, getting rid of things I don't need, etc.

The reason I don't have any money to work with is because my income right now is quite low, and my rent alone takes up 2/3 of my income.  :(  And of course I need to buy food, personal supplies and a bus pass, so there is very little left.  And I don't smoke, drink alcohol or anything of the sort, so when I say personal supplies I am referring to soap, shampoo, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent and these essential needs.

I am praying to get into the social housing, because the rent will be such that I will have more money to work with...but until then, I am in a very difficult situation.

I have disabled comments for this post, but if you are able to help with a donation, I would very much appreciate it if you could leave me a message on my contact form, which is located on the right hand column of my blog.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, your love and encouragement, and for your help.  Love and hugs to you all!