Friday, October 27, 2017

Today is my Birthday!

Hello everyone!  A very warm welcome to you all! Yes, today is my birthday...I am 61 years young!  :)
In celebration of my birthday, I have packed this post with extra videos and more quotations than I normally share in my regular posts.  I thank you all so much for taking the time in your busy weekend to visit me here, and I hope you all enjoy what I have selected for you today.  :)

The videos I have chosen for this post are:

Drowning Dog Rescued by Awesome Men

Making Friends with a Capybara

Dog Shot in the Face is so Happy with her New Life

Kitten Trapped for Two Days Saved by Determined Rescuers


Living with Wolves Saved my Life

Perfect Christmas Side Dish -Rutabaga and Carrot Mash (although this video mentions that this is a great Christmas side dish, which I wholeheartedly agree, I have this dish often, anytime of year, especially in the Autumn, as this is when root vegetables are found in an abundance, and at great prices).  This is one of my favourite side dishes!  :)

For the following, I am providing the link sources beneath each photo.  You just need to click on the images to see a larger view.

The name we give to something shapes our attitude toward it. - Katherine Paterson


How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. - Anne Frank


Do not give up.  If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.


Depression is like a bruise that never goes away.  A bruise in your mind.  You just got to be careful not to touch it where it hurts.  It's always there, though. - Jeffrey Eugenides


Oh my darling, it's true.  Beautiful things have dents and scratches, too.


Stop trying to calm the storm.  Calm yourself.  The storm will pass.


When thinking about life, remember this:  no amount of guilt can solve the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future.


Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.


Our prime purpose in this life is to help others.  And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. - Dalai Lama


I love when people who have been through hell walk out of the flames carrying buckets of water for those still consumed by the fire. - Stephanie Sparkles


Nature gives us insights and clarity.


The only real mistake is the one from which you learn nothing.


If you don't wake up each day with joy in your heart, you're not living the life you deserve. 


The best answers are the whispers we hear within when we are most quiet.



When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves. - William Arthur Ward


Some friendships are so special as to remain unaffected by time, distance or lack or contact...they are so true and rare...and treasured for their beautiful grace.


One smile can start a friendship.  One word can end a fight.  One look can save a relationship.  One person can change your life.


It's okay to be afraid, but as much as you can, act from love rather than from fear.


No matter how unsure you feel, every step forward matters.


Hold on to your weird;  it makes life infinitely better.
:)  :)


It's okay to float along for a while;  you don't have to have your whole life planned out right now.


You need to give yourself time to heal, no matter how long that ends up being.


The situation is never as bad as it feels, everything will be okay soon.


Every day is another opportunity to start a new life.


Thank you all so much for visiting me here and for celebrating my birthday with me!  I always enjoy and appreciate reading your kind thoughts, which you are always welcome to share!

No comments: