Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pets and Benefits of having them

It is a well-known fact that the survival rate after heart attacks is significantly higher among pet owners than non-owners, and that human blood pressure falls in the presence of companion animals - especially cats.
- Dr. Maya Patel

I have no doubt that this is most likely because of the cat's ability to purr.  For the most part, it doesn't take much to get a cat to purr...a gentle word, a touch, even a look.  Personally, I find the sound of a cat's purr very soothing and a real comfort. 

I think it is a great thing that hospitals and senior's residences are implementing pet therapy programs.  An animal has the capacity to love unconditionally and are able to connect with us on a special level.

Thank you all for visiting me here, and I wish you all a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!