Saturday, March 10, 2012

Vintage Ads

I came across some vintage ads which brought back some great childhood memories for me and thought I would share them with you all.  We know today that salt, for the most part, is not very good for our health, thus many of us limit our salt intake as a result.  I found this old Morton salt ad from 1927.  The Morton company had introduced iodized salt to help prevent simple goiter.  Here is a photo of that ad.

Being in Canada I have never seen Morton salt sold in my area...which makes me wonder if perhaps other salt companies mentioned this on their ads as well.  

Next I found this Puss 'n Boots cat food ad.  This brought back great memories for me, because I grew up with cats for the most part, and my parents often bought this product.  Another product I remember from back then was Dr. Ballard's cat food, which is something my parents bought back then as well for our beloved feline.  Here is a photo of a vintage Puss 'n Boots cat food ad.

Last but not least, (for today), I remember the old food/grocery stores.  Dominion, Steinberg's, and A&P are a few that come to mind.  Here is a photo of an old Steinberg's store taken here in Montreal in 1965.

Thank you all so much for visiting me today.  Please feel free to comment with your own memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!