Sunday, March 11, 2012

Vintage St. Patrick's Day

March 17th is St. Patrick's Day.  I thought it would be nice to share some vintage photos of this day.  I have to admit that I don't really make much effort to celebrate holidays;  Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter are ones that I do my best to focus on, though.

What I love about St. Patrick's Day is that my favourite colour is a deep forest green...the colour used for celebrating the day.  Many dollar stores are selling a lot of items for this day including hats, pins and greeting cards, just to name a few.  

Here are a few vintage photos for St. Patrick's Day.




So...do any of you celebrate, or do anything special for St. Patrick's Day?  Or is it just another day for you?  

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate your visit...and please feel free to comment.

2 comments:

  1. Living in Ireland, you can't really ignore St. Patrick's Day.. =) Still, I don't always go out to see the parade - it depends on my mood, the weather, etc..

    I don't think I'd go to the Dublin parade anymore as I don't enjoy crowds, and the city is PACKED on St. Patrick's Day.. There's a local parade here in Bray, which I might go and see, if I feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stella,

      Thanks for sharing. I am the same way in that I don't enjoy crowds. We always have a big parade here in Montreal to which I never attend. LOL! I prefer to watch it on television...if I am in the mood to. :)

      Delete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!