Friday, April 06, 2012

I am new to blogging

Hi everyone,


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I have been blogging for less than two months.  I have seen many beautiful blogs with such lovely headers, and I was wondering how you all do this.  I can see where the image is supposed to go, but my problem is that whatever image I have tried to put up, it puts itself on the left hand side of my blog rather than in the center....and seems to stay the same size no matter what image I try to display...and the size is small.  I see that I have the capacity to resize an image that is too large, but even the photos that I have chosen which are in excess of 1000 pixels show up as small at the upper left hand side of my blog.


If any of you are able to give me any tips on how to properly display an image/header on Blogger, I would so much appreciate your help.


Thanks a lot!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Assuming you are trying to add a photo to the Header Gadget from your Layout screen . . .
    It will size the photo to whatever the default size is for the header of the blog TEMPLATE you are using. One of my blogs defaults to 300 and another one defaults to 1240 which is the width I choose on my Template Customization.

    You might also try Instead of Header and Description on your Header gadget when you add the photo.

    If you still have problems, email me and I will try to help you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    You are so kind...thank you so much. I will look at my blog template and follow the instructions you have given me here. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!