Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Childhood Christmas Memories



The song I have chosen for this post is a 1956 classic Christmas carol.  God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Perry Como.  This and other classic Christmas carol take me back to a very special time in my life, when I was a little girl.  My mother sang very well and had a really good voice, and my father played the piano...by ear, quite well.  Although we never had a piano of our own, I got to hear my father play on several occasions when I was about 10 years old.  He was working as a sexton at a Presbyterian church back then, and he played the piano so well.  

My parents had pretty good taste in music, in my opinion.  They loved honky tonk piano and many classics from the 1930's and 1940's, and I think this is part of the reason that I love this type of music so much.  I have to be honest in saying that I have only been really digging into this music in the last couple of years by going on YouTube and seeing what they have there.  Since then I am really hooked on this music.

I hope you all enjoy this post.  Thank you so much for stopping by, and I always appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts, which you can always share by clicking on the 'comments' link at the end of my post.

10 comments:

  1. I love the music of my parent's time, as well, and Perry Como was one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting into the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most famous christmas carol.. So beautiful!!!.. Greetings!!!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda for this post where you can breathe the air of Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember watching Perry Como's TV show years ago. He had such a nice voice and relaxed style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you like the Perry Como type of music, that's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who can forget Perry Como with his sweaters and that crooner voice? He could bring real meaning to this old carols!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful... I always enjoy your posts, Linda !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Perry Como's voice and can appreciate music from the past.Good music sands the test of time.I enjoy some of the music my parents liked as well.Hearing Perry Como's voice reminds me of a scene from a recent movie called blast from the Past.It was about a family that stayed in a bomb shelter since the 60's and then finally came above ground in the 90's.Brendan Frasier's character loved Perry Como.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much for your comments, I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!