Monday, December 03, 2012

The Month of December



Hi everyone, the video I have chosen for this post is SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN ~ Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra  1935.  Hope you all enjoy it.  

I have always loved the month of December, ever since I was little.  My great aunt, whose name was Rebecca and whom I always called "Aunt Beck", was born on December 3rd.  Another aunt, my mother's sister, was born on December 6th, my father was born on December 19th, and my mother was born on December 24th.  Then Christmas is December 25th.  

Perhaps it is just myself, but I have noticed that people seem to be kinder and more friendly around Christmas time. This may be due to "getting into the spirit of Christmas."  It makes me wish that Christmas was every day.  LOL!  :)  Seriously, though, I have always loved Christmas even though I don't go all out in decorating for it.  I have a small red fabric tree that is about a foot or so high that I use, and for myself, that is enough.  I must say, though, I do enjoy and appreciate seeing the Christmas decorations in stores and in homes.  I am a nostalgic person and find that I get even more nostalgic at this time of year.  

How about you?

Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I really appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts, which you can always share by clicking on the 'comments' link at the end of my post.

11 comments:

  1. Though I'm very dubious about celebrating Christmas for religious reasons, it's still one of my favorite times of year, as well. Locally, it seems to bring out the best in some folks but, increasingly, I see it bringing out the worst in others. Sad.

    LOVE the music and the images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to love about December, except for the thought of dreary January and February to come? Oh well, enough beauty and light and good spirit from Christmastime to carry us through that one as well!
    Our fathers share the same birthday.
    Wishing you a wonderful time all through December and beyond,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'll be singing that song all day long, don't you? Sheesh!

    Hope you have a great day and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. time for xmas movies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think what a dreary month December would be without all the holidays! Even without all the frantic shopping, it's a lot of fun for most people with all the bright colors and decorations.
    I just set out my little mono-filament tree. With three cats, having a real tree is out of the question!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had fun reading your post to the sound of Gerry Dorsey and his Orchestra. Wonderful choice! I have always enjoyed Christmas and have lovely memories from childhood. My first Christmas in the US I was on my honeymoon at Disney World discovering French Toast and Margaritas! What a combination aye? Happy, Happy Christmas Linda, saying it a little early I know but once December is here things start moving fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everybody is kinder and more friendly, Linda, and that not only in Christmas time...
    Lie(f)s.
    @I'm sorry, but I need the verification code, because of spam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that you like christmas, how do you think I had guessed?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Linda, I'm glad to see you are enjoying the spirit of Christmas, now lets hope we get just enough, but not too much snow to make it look like a winter wonderland :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always thought Christmas was a special time. I felt that way as a kid, and I still feel that way. I think people do get into the Christmas Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am obsessed w/Christmas. I love decorating, cooking, giving gifts and of course watching christmas movies all month!! Thanks for stopping by my Christmas blog.:)

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!