Thursday, March 21, 2013

Amazing Clean Up Today

Hi everyone!  An amazing clean up has been done today on the roads and sidewalks of Montreal!  The snow removal crews are out in full force and handling it quite well, it was nice to go out today and not have to worry about those snowbanks!

The video I have chosen for this post is from the 70's.  The song is entitled "You Don't Have to be a Star" by Billy Davis Jr. and Marilyn McCoo.  They are a lovely couple who have been married for more than 40 years.  Hope you enjoy this.
They are still performing, Marilyn is 69 and Billy is 74, I think.

I saw a post on Facebook today that made me laugh out loud. It was a photo of a groundhog...and the caption is, "Wanted for fraud;  lying groundhog!"  Well, the blizzard we had in Montreal a couple of days ago can, I suppose, testify to that, but I found it quite humorous.  :)

The photo I am sharing today is one that I took in December 2010.  It is a photo of the St. Joseph's Oratory on Mount Royal here in Montreal!  I chose this angle in order to show what an amazing structure it is.  You just need to click on the image to see a larger view.

Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I really appreciate and enjoy reading your kind thoughts, which you can always share by clicking on the 'comments' link at the end of my post.

18 comments:

  1. c'est un plaisir de vous rendre visite, bises et ronrons d'Opale et Sonye,
    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is pretty, but I've had enough for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a snowy start for many! I hope you warm up soon! Sending you some warm hugs from Florida tonight! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes---I've seen the one where everyone is out to get the GROUNDHOG --since he predicted an early spring--and none of us has one!!!!! ha ha

    Sounds like you are making it through your snow storm. Glad they do a good job of clean-up...

    Have a great Friday.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is an amazing building. All the different angles and shapes make it very unique!

    Hope you get some warm spring-like weather soon. It has been chilly and even cold here for the last couple of days. Where, oh where, are you, Spring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely snow dusted picture! I remember this song well, and had some of the words memorized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, taht is an interesting building. :)

    I´m still waiting for the "clean up" where I live. It is still too cold. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting that perspective. Nice church.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have had a lot of snow this year for sure. But spring will arrive soon! It's the nature of things! :)

    Don't think I've heard this song before but it's very nice. And you've shown some other pictures of the Oratory previously. It is truly a beautiful complex and I like the way you've composed this shot very much.

    Hope you have a super Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic church. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  11. We actually had Spring over the weekend, but it left and freezing temps came back. Hey, my Dad says he knows that song and it is great they have been married that long. My Dad and Mom will celebrate 41 years in May!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the film and of course your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just heard on the news that a county prosecutor in Ohio has indicted Pennsylvania's groundhog for fraud. The Ohio prosecutor says he will seek the death penalty.

    Since I live in the south, most of our snow removal is handled by waiting for it to warm up enough to melt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful church, Linda !
    Spring is coming...
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all so much for your comments, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You chose an amazing spot to catch all the shapes & angles & depth!
    Much love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - - a blast from the past with the singers. I admire anyone who has kept their voice enough to be able to perform. Many of the older singers can't do as well because they have over-used their voices for many years.
    Hooray for snow removal! The north is definitely better suited for clean-up than we are in the south.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!