Thursday, July 05, 2012

A Walk in Montreal

I want to thank you all so much for your kind responses in regards to my previous posts where I displayed my photos.  Your kindness has really encouraged me to continue taking my walks and snapping photos...and sharing them with you all here.  :)


Here are some more of my photos from the walks I have been taking.  


I mentioned in my previous post that Montreal is a French city and that all the signs are in French.  Here is an example of a couple of those signs.  This is a business sign and it means "Sewing Centre Daoust.  Repairs and alterations by professionals."




Here is a road sign which says "except authorized vehicles"





Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I really enjoy and appreciate your responses to my posts very much!  Please click on the "comments" link at the end of my post to share.

10 comments:

  1. nice plant.. purple and green...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again another beautiful composition of photos! The colorful pattern leaves are fascinating. Neat road lanes!

    Keep up the wonderful work and healthy walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I don't speak French, I think I could figure out the signs if I were driving in Montreal. Do you drive on the left side like we do in the US or on the right side like they do in Europe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Sparrow, these particular signs are pretty good French, so it would be easier to understand them. There may be some that won't be so easy to understand, but that would be because they are using the Quebec French, which is pretty much a dialect that is only understood here. However, for the road signs I think it should be fine. :) We drive on the same side of the road as the U.S. here.

      Delete
  4. Nice pics Linda - loved the green leaf & the maroon-green leaf. These are incredible images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You handle colour so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even Dutch speaking people can understand it, Linda ! Haha...
    Nice pictures !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that you make some brilliant journeys, and you take beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the photos you got on this walk. The pictures of the plants are especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. Looks like you have a lovely weather there.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!