Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Mid-Week Break and Responses to your Questions

Hello everyone!  A very warm welcome to you all! 
I will first answer your questions. 

Monica from The Yum List asked:

1.  Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to have a place where I could express myself and share what I like with others.  I also wanted my blog to be family friendly, for all ages, and for it to be a positive and fun place to visit.

2.  How has your blog or yourself as a blogger changed over time?
When I first began my blog in 2012, I was sharing my personal photos and sharing a bit about myself as well.  A couple of years ago I lost my camera and rather than stop my blog (because at this point I found it...and still do, to be quite therapeutic), I decided to share videos and quotations.  I wanted people to have a positive and fun place to come to, away from the chaos and stress of day to day life.

3.  If you could at one dish for dinner, what would it be?  I would really enjoy either a leg of lamb or grilled lamb chops with asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes and mint jelly.  :)

Fundy Blue from Standing Into Danger asked,

1.  What is your first memory?
When I was 4 years old back in 1961, I had my right kidney removed because it was not functioning properly and the doctors told my parents that if the kidney was NOT removed, I would surely die...but I would have a 50% chance to live if they removed it. My parents chose to have the kidney removed.  I remember how scared I was at that age of having to go into surgery!  Thankfully I have been living with on kidney ever since, having needed no dialysis.  I am very grateful for this.

2.  What gives you the strength to be positive and inspiring to others, even if times get tough?
Remembering that others also go through difficult times, and my faith in God has helped me a great deal.  I am also very grateful to have good friends, and just knowing that my posts help others in some small way helps to keep me going.

3.  If you could go back in time, what time would you visit?
This is going to sound strange to many of you, most likely, because it would be the 1940's.  Yes, WWII was happening then, but I love the clothing styles and music of this period!  Television and photos were in black and white, and even though there was rationing going on during the war, nobody starved. As well, people gladly offered their hand to help others and shared whatever they could.  

Chris Lally from Chris Lally Art asked,

If you could enter a time machine, where would you go (past or future).
I would definitely go to the past.  Not to stay there, but to visit for a while...however, I would want to visit 'before my time', such as the 1930's or 1940's.

The videos I have selected for this post are:

Dog and Bull are Best Buddies

Why Cats Love Boxes so Much

This Boat Comes with a Built-in Submarine

Noise Canceling Headphones - What They Are and How They Work

For the following, I am providing the link sources beneath each photo. You just need to click on the images to see a larger view.

Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on. So will I.


What defines us is how well we rise after falling.


Opportunities don't happen, you create them. - Chris Grosser


Be a no drama llama.  Don't create it.  Don't invite it. Don't associate with it.


The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come in. - Morrie Schwartz


Sometimes knowing when to walk away is wisdom.


My day begins and ends with gratitude and joy. - Louise Hay


If you can't change your fate, change your attitude. - Amy Tan


Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give.


A bend in the road is not the end of the road...unless you fail to make the turn.


Cultivate your inner garden. - Michael Bernard Beckwith


The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.


Wisdom tells me I am nothing, love tells me I am everything...between the two, my life flows.


In taking care of myself, I take care of the world.


Every hour of the day and night is an unspeakable perfect miracle. - Walt Whitman


During trying times, keep trying! - Anonymous


Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I always appreciate and enjoy reading your kind thoughts, which you are always welcome to share!

37 comments:

  1. Lovely videos, Linda! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the first video, the relationship between the is incredible. Once again so nice to get to know you a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how we know Linda a bit better. I wish you a very happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda.
    You might like Back in Time for Dinner and Further Back in Time for Dinner ( BBC Episodes and clips on You Tube) where a modern family do just that- go back to the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. I only mention this as it is a period delight and very well done. Family are nice as well. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on'... I think it's difficult, Linda, for them as wel...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda...it's good to get to know you. I love your "question and answer" idea - very creative! I didn't know you had just one kidney. I lost my right kidney to cancer four years ago and I'm still fearful of losing the other one. But, one day at a time, as "they" say. I hope I didn't offend you with my rather negative portrayal of that Sears clerk in today's post. I know many retail clerks here in Ocala who are just wonderful (but it's the others that stand out, right?). And my favorite poster today what the one about how to handle a "bend in the road" - relax, release, rotate! I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear! Your kidney, eh? I had my tonsils removed when I was 5.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good mornin' Linda, I do hope you have a beautiful day. Thanks for all the videos and sayings. Sometimes one hits home just perfectly and makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I like the cat's videi very much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your answers Dear Linda!

    i would love to hear from you through your personal life and thoughts once again.

    your current blogging is also amazing though dear!

    your kidney removal at such little age was truly scary .

    loved the quotes VERY much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning, Linda!
    Wonderful post - love the videos & quotes, but my favorite part is getting to know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the wonderful quotes and sharing more about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the questions and especially the answers. Most fun to learn more about you.

    Cats and boxes. They just go together. How cute and fun.

    Have a fabulous day, Linda. Big hug. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very informative answers!

    Of course cats love boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed the questions and answers and the videos. Great quotes. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda, I reckon a lot of people are rather happy regarding the day you lost your camera.
    Your work is so inspirational and what about the dog and bull, (fantastic)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cats are wonderful. I liked a lot of your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bisou, bonne journée toute douce Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed your Q & A. :-)

    Right now I have 3 boxes out for my cat. I have to get rid of at least one today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Las dos décadas que elegiste fueron algo convulsas en especial en Europa.
    Bonita amistad entre le perro y la vaca. Desde luego que los gatos tienen una especial predilección por las cajas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Questions and answers were very interesting Linda! And I enjoyed the quotes today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow kidney removed at only 4, so glad that it has never been a problem for you. I nearly died at the age of 6 see here http://aboutmebeforecharente.blogspot.fr/2012/06/not-feeling-very-well.html
    Good that we both made it to live a normal as possible life :-))))
    Take care and I hope all is going to plan Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. This really is fun getting to know you more through the questions. Your followers asked some great ones.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is really nice to read your answers and getting to know you better. Love the dog and bull buddies video. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for answering my questions and the other's questions too. It's fun to learn about you. What a difficult time it must have been for your parents to see you go in for surgery at such a young age! Not to mention you! I'm glad that your remaining kidney has served you well over the years. I'm glad that your blog helps you as well, because it certainly inspires and warms the hearts of your readers. My mother always talked about how exciting the 1940s were. She loved the fashions, but it was my father who loved the music. I also enjoy blogging because it gives me a place to share my thoughts and connect with others. It's the connections I value the most, and you are one special connection!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Linda, I love 'Built-in Submarine' and this 'During trying times, keep trying! '
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cats and boxes go together, they just love them.:) Wonderful quotes Linda and have an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello from Greece. This is one of the joys of the Internet and blogging, making friends all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Opportunities don't happen, I must remember that :)
    Have a good evening

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loving this series and all your answers. Thank you for the lovely quotes. I am going to steal a couple to share at work. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. j'aime bien tes réponses Linda

    et la cition de Walt Whitman me plaît beaucoup

    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Linda - loved reading your answers to the questions...so glad to know that even with one kidney you are doing well. Your video of the dog and bull was so good friend. Wonderful post and such great quotes. Have a delightful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for that Q&A. It helped me get to know you better. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm really enjoying these Q&A sessions, Linda. I loved the video about the dog and the bull. So interesting when these odd friendships develop. And, of course, I loved the cat video. Cats can be so entertaining to watch, and boxes provide some of the best opportunities for that entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you Linda for sharing more of yourself!
    Love the cat video and love the quotes!
    Thank you for being you! You are a wonderful person!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for sharing your Q&A section, Linda! It was enjoyable to read a bit more about you. And thanks for the lovely "gifts" of the day in the quotes and photos. I have missed you! I am leaving a much dreaded copy-and-paste phrase on my friends' blogs. Trying to get back into the groove of normal, everyday life. The recent events in Florida caused circumstances which triggered exacerbations of my diseases. Hoping that my hands heal, and strength returns soon - the rest of it can be coped with easily enough. Thanks for understanding my inability to accomplish very much - maybe in October? love and hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!