Friday, September 22, 2017

Weekend Well Wishes and Moving and Go Fund Me

Hello everyone!  A very warm welcome to you all! 
I have not said much about my upcoming move because thus far there is really not much to tell.  I am still searching for a place, and I really hope to find on by my birthday, next month (October 27th).
I will continue posting updates as they become available.  As well, I will be keeping the Go Fund Me link on the right hand column of my blog at least until after Christmas, so if any of you who are able to, and wish to donate any money to help with my move, I would greatly appreciate.  A heartfelt thanks to all of you who have helped already, and a heartfelt thanks to any of you who are able to help between now and Christmas.  Love and hugs to you all!

The videos I have selected for this post are:

This Slow Pet is Quick to Love!  Meet the 1 lb. Snail

Friendly Sea Turtle Greets Divers

Diver Meets Huge Pacific Wolf Eel

Fantastic Foods that Fight Depression

For the following, I am providing the link sources beneath each photo.  You just need to click on the images to see a larger view.

Education is not a preparation for life:  education is life itself. - John Dewey


Rather than wondering about or questioning the direction your life has taken, accept the fact that there is a path before you now.  Shake off the "why's" and "what if's", and rid yourself of confusion. Whatever was - is in the past.  Whatever is - is what's important.  The past is a brief reflection. The future is yet to be realized. Today is here. - Vicki Silvers


When the road curves to lead you into new discoveries...let it take you.  When the page you're on builds suspense, turn it - for it will end happily. - Susan A. J. Lyttek


When things aren't going the way you'd like, remind yourself that every negative has a positive somewhere in it. - Suzanne Moore


It's not how many goals you reach, but how many lives you touch.  It's not who you know that matters, but who you are inside. - Rebecca Barlow Jordan


The world would be a much better place if everyone smiled more. - Mother Teresa


Embrace every moment you are given.  Cherish the people, places and things that fill your life with so much warmth and joy. - Anna Marie Edwards


Learning without thought is labor lost;  thought without learning is perilous. - Confucius


Let us spend a day as deliberately as nature. - Thoreau


Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. 


Where there is heart there is hope.


If speaking kindly to plants helps them grow, imagine what speaking kindly to humans can do.


Know this:  You can start over each morning.


No matter how much it rains...there's a place in you that never stops shining.


True kindness is helping someone without expecting anything in return.


Be brave.  Even if you're not, pretend to be.  No one can tell the difference.


Thank you all so much for visiting me here!  I always appreciate and enjoy reading your kind thoughts, which you are always welcome to share!

41 comments:

  1. I agree with Mother Teresa 100%! Have a lovely weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Slow Pet and Friendly Sea Turtle, are fun and beautiful to see Linda. I wish you a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get news of your move soon. Another thought provoking post. I found the video on food fighting depression most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update,Linda. I'm hoping to send something before Christmas if all goes well. Best wishes in finding a new place that is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day Linda, lovely set. I hope you are keeping your spirits up. Your move will come in due time. The Lord is preparing your new home. Our time is not the same as His. Hugs, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda,
    Nice post with nice movies.
    Let's hope you will find a new home.

    Sweet greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!

    You have a nice blog!

    Would you like to follow each other? (f4f) Let me know on my blog with a comment! ;oD

    Have a great day!

    xoxo Jacqueline
    www.hokis1981.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the snail is giant☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing, Linda!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That snail is indeed super sized. Wow.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Linda. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could never imagine having a snail as a pet - no way. Enjoyed the underwater videos. Best of luck with your moving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many inspirational thoughts, Linda. And the underwater videos were fascinating. I've never heard of anyone having a snail for a pet, though...let alone a snail as big as the one in your video.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'When things aren't going the way you'd like'... Hope you find a very nice new 'home', Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning, Linda!
    Thanks for the wonderful videos and inspirational quotes. So hoping you find a new home very, very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you find a new place soon, or better yet, that your place on the list gets a jump up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Huge snail. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed all the videos and once again all the quotes are great. Have a blessed day and a wonderful first day of fall. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beau partage Linda, bise, bon vendredi tout doux!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope things work out for you Linda!! Your quotes were wonderful as always...
    Enjoy the rest of the day....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoping you are able to find a place soon. You and I are almost birthday twins. Mine is October 20th catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Reading these lovely quotes is a good way to start the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, Linda! I wish you well on your search for a place to live. The snail video is amazing. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Mother Teresa's quote. It is so true.
    Thanks again for this wonderful post Linda and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me sorprende que el caracol se deje acariciar como un perro o un gato y su gran tamaño. Los vídeos de la tortuga y la anguila también me gustaron aunque la anguila en un principio me pareció con cara de pocos amigos.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Eel is amazing and the sea turtle, and have never thought of having a snail for a pet before, so very interesting. What a neat experience for the divers and for that lady. Helping depression with food is also very interesting. And those wise words are a great collection Linda, wonderful post. Good luck with your move my dear friend and I hope you will find a place soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing, Linda, good choices.
    Hapy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mother Teresa avait bien raison Linda

    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bonjour Linda,
    J'espère que tu vas vite trouver un endroit chaleureux pour habiter. Merci pour tous tes jolis posts. Je te souhaite une belle fin de semaine. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  30. So sorry that you are still looking and that nothing has come up for you yet.
    Thanks for sharing so many wonderful sayings. Hope you have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've never seen a snail so big as that African snail or an eel as big as that wolf eel. You've posted another great selection of posters that are very helpful. I especially enjoyed the one about certain foods helping with depression. Hope you're having a great weekend and best wishes on your upcoming move. That's a big job and we're finally sort of settled in but it's worth all the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Coucou. J'espère que vous trouverez rapidement avant votre anniversaire.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hola Linda, perdona mi tardanza en visitarte, no tengo demasiado tiempo, Espero que estes bien. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! I didn't know snails could grow that big!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic Foods that Fight Depression - of course fruits and vegetables. I like better fruits than vegetables.
    Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic Foods that Fight Depression - I agree with you.
    I like fruits and vegetables, but more fruits than vegetables.
    Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's an enormous snale.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you Linda! Another beautiful, inspiring post!
    I truly hope you find a new home soon!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  39. The sea turtle video is precious to me, friend Linda ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Linda! I watched with interest the video about foods and depression. There was some good stuff in there! I also enjoyed the quote from Mother Teresa. A smile is such a small thing, but so big to the person who could really need one.
    God bless your path, and your search for a new home,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love "No matter how much it rains...there's a place in you that never stops shining." very much!!
    Have a lovely week, Linda :)

    akiko

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!